Middle Tier remote computers throw validation errors

For users or potential users.
Restemayer

Middle Tier remote computers throw validation errors

Post by Restemayer » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:28 pm

I'm pounding my head against the wall trying to figure out what is going on with this. Everything works fine on the server itself, but fails on the remote computers, but only when in chart and only for certain patients.

Code: Select all

Error Encountered - 06/26/2022 5:22:06 PM
Unhandled exception :  Instance validation error: '15' is not a valid value for OpenDentBusiness.ToothInitialType.
System.Exception
   at OpenDentBusiness.RemotingClient.ThrowExceptionForDto(DtoException exception) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDentBusiness\Remoting\RemotingClient.cs:line 419
   at OpenDentBusiness.RemotingClient.ProcessExceptionDeserialize(String result, Exception ex) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDentBusiness\Remoting\RemotingClient.cs:line 320
   at OpenDentBusiness.RemotingClient.ProcessGetObject[T](DtoGetObject dto, Boolean hasConnectionLost) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDentBusiness\Remoting\RemotingClient.cs:line 268
   at OpenDentBusiness.Meth.GetObject[T](MethodBase methodBase, Object[] parameters) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDentBusiness\Remoting\Meth.cs:line 350
   at OpenDentBusiness.ChartModules.GetAll(Int64 patNum, Boolean isAuditMode, ChartModuleComponentsToLoad componentsToLoad, Boolean doMakeSecLog) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDentBusiness\Db Multi Table\ChartModules.cs:line 162
   at OpenDental.ControlChart.<>c__DisplayClass578_0.<RefreshModuleData>b__0() in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\Main Modules\ControlChart.cs:line 7915
   at CodeBase.Logger.LogAction(String log, LogPath path, Action act, String optionalDesc) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\CodeBase\Utilities\Logger.cs:line 86
   at OpenDental.ControlChart.RefreshModuleData(Int64 patNum, Boolean isFullRefresh) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\Main Modules\ControlChart.cs:line 7915
   at OpenDental.ControlChart.<>c__DisplayClass520_0.<ModuleSelected>b__0() in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\Main Modules\ControlChart.cs:line 4847
   at CodeBase.Logger.LogAction(String log, LogPath path, Action act, String optionalDesc) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\CodeBase\Utilities\Logger.cs:line 86
   at OpenDental.ControlChart.ModuleSelected(Int64 patNum, Boolean isFullRefresh, Boolean isClinicRefresh) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\Main Modules\ControlChart.cs:line 4847
   at OpenDental.ControlChart.ModuleSelected(Int64 patNum, Boolean isClinicRefresh) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\Main Modules\ControlChart.cs:line 4833
   at OpenDental.ControlChart.ModuleSelectedErx(Int64 patNum) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\Main Modules\ControlChart.cs:line 4869
   at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.SetModuleSelected(Boolean menuBarClicked) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\Main Modules\FormOpenDental.cs:line 3891
   at OpenDental.FormOpenDental.moduleBar_ButtonClicked(Object sender, ButtonClicked_EventArgs e) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\Main Modules\FormOpenDental.cs:line 3812
   at OpenDental.ModuleBar.OnButtonClicked(ModuleBarButton myButton, Boolean myCancel) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\User Controls\ModuleBar.cs:line 105
   at OpenDental.ModuleBar.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) in C:\Development\Versioned\OpenDental\OpenDental\User Controls\ModuleBar.cs:line 383
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Restemayer

Re: Middle Tier remote computers throw validation errors

Post by Restemayer » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:10 pm

Fixed. Thank you to the guy that I talked to on the emergency line. He gave me the information that I needed to correct this.

The issue is that the column toothinitialtype is restricted to only 10 values and I had over 600 patients that had at least one data entry where it was set to 15. The column designated certain changes to teeth. Looking through which patients and teeth they were (I was one of them), they were all imported from our previous practice management system. I'm guessing they were imported as the wrong value many years ago and it was never caught until they were ran though the middle tier which I just set up. It does its own data validation checks that aren't done under a traditional setup, maybe?

From a look at the data, it was only imported missing teeth that converted incorrectly, so it was a simple fix to just have the database change all the wrong values to 0.

It might be worthwhile to add a fix for this into the database management tool.