Blockout Copy Paste Replace Existing Feature

For users or potential users.
dbartling

Blockout Copy Paste Replace Existing Feature

Post by dbartling » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:00 am

We are using the open dental software with three separate doctors. Each doctor has 3 columns, each column with customized blockouts. One of the 3 doctors has to change the blockout format and would need to copy and paste it for the the entire year.

Is there a way to copy and paste only one column (or one doctor's set of columns) on the appt scheduler on a particular day? Without replacing the entire day?
I have attempted unchecking the box for "Replace Existing" on the Blockout Cut-Copy-Paste window, but if there is even a single blockout present, it cancels the request.

Ideally the "Replace Existing" box feature, if unchecked, would allow me to paste new blockouts on a particular day ONLY in columns/appt times that do not already have blockouts. In essence, it would be able to bypass (and keep) the blockouts that are already present, keeping these on the schedule and only paste the new blockouts into the empty spaces.

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question or if this is something that should be in advanced...