Please give 5-10 votes and critical for Web Forms on Patient Portal

For users or potential users.
jbal

Please give 5-10 votes and critical for Web Forms on Patient Portal

Post by jbal » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:14 pm

Feature Request 16621 (also please look at 16475)

I am a new user of OpenDental from two weeks ago, and I have migrated to Opendental from Dentrix.

We are missing a most basic function of a dental office in Patient Portal. That is to be able to have patients fill out their medical history update from the comfort of their home with no effort of the dental team. Patient wins because they fill out private forms in the privacy of their homes at their own convenience. They are also updating any other form the office needs. For example me, I would ask them to update their contact and insurance info.

Once a year, before a patient's professional cleaning, they should receive a text and email urging them to visit the dental office website to access a link to their family's patient portal. When every active patient of an Opendental office visits the office's website, that drives organic traffic to the website that organically boosts google rankings/SEO for the office. This is a huge win for the dental office and if what's good for the Opendental office is ultimately good for Opendental, and OD wins. Happy users promote OD.

With webforms being uploaded to the Patient Portal, protected patient information is kept safe. Indeed, if you look at the eServices/signup/moresettings it has already been engineered for at least 4 more button/tabs. So its my guess that it should be very easy to add one more tab for required forms that can host Opendental webforms.

eClipboard takes it even one step further, so I do not see this as any comptetition for eClipboard. Making webforms accesible in Patient Portal makes all the sense in the world and gives OD offices the very basic functionality to run a paperless office efficiently. This is vital.

Thank you for your time, Dr. Sparks and any OD user that takes the time to support this request as a critical feature and please apply at least 5 votes to this and please mark as critical.

Thanks,
Jesse Bal
www.916DDS.com

Arna

Re: Please give 5-10 votes and critical for Web Forms on Patient Portal

Post by Arna » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:39 am

Hey Jesse,

Open Dental has webforms that may be useful for your practice: https://opendental.com/site/webforms.html

It's been a while since I've used them but the feature is solid and has been around a long time.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:54 am

Contact Open Dental support. Open Dental offer E-Services bundle that covers what you are asking for and many other GREAT features ( TEXTING, auto reminders, etc..., cost $165/month when you are on support.

jbal

Post by jbal » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:13 pm

Arna, and rhaber123, thanks for your interest and feedback.

Arna, I am already using Web Forms. What I am requesting is added capability to the already built Patient Portal tool.

As I mentioned in my messages for this feature, I think this feature request is critical for a dental office and should be included in the monthly support that we are currently paying. All that needs to be done is to add one more tab in the Patient Portal that already exists, where patient HIPAA and Private information is already uploaded.

The tool Patient Portal is already built, and we just need to add the capability of webforms to be uploaded into a tab that can be aptly named "Required Forms."

Please provide at least 5 votes and check as critical.

Much obliged,

Jesse

jbal

Post by jbal » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:27 pm

For anyone taking interest in this, I would like to make a clarification:

Webforms are a included in Basic Support, but is lacking in one aspect. Patient Portal is also included in Basic Support. That aspect is the feature request I am supporting, which is to include a Web Forms tab in the Patient Portal and included in Basic Support.

Thank you,

Jesse

Ray.Casey

Post by Ray.Casey » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:53 pm

I believe you actually have more flexibility with both instrumentation/analytics and branding/design when using web forms hosted on your primary branding web site. If you only had webforms tightly coupled ro patient lortal, then net new customers would force OD Portal to provision a new user both in portal AND in OD BEFORE you could capture and schedule a net new customer. So no I dont agree with that flow. HOWEVER i do agree that simple webform functionality within Portal is a good feature but only for existing customers and not net new users. Given what I have said, please list out a narrative or use case for how you would provision a new patient that has NO account or user credentials in OD, the DB or Portal if webforms are embedded in portal...