eForms

For users or potential users.
jordansparks
Site Admin

eForms

Post by jordansparks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 am

We are aggressively building eForms. This brand new framework will completely replace mobile sheets and webforms. It will be used for patient forms, insurance info, medical history, and consent forms. Normal sheets could still be used, and it will not otherwise replace sheets in general because sheets are used for many other things besides those four. We considered further adapting mobile sheets, but there was just too much historical baggage. The only way to make it really powerful is to start from scratch. The good news is that we know exactly what we want to build because we can take the very best of mobile sheets and the very best ideas from other form products. eForms will be available on eClipboard, on the web, and directly from within Open Dental on desktop. As usual, we don't do vaporware, so no promises at all on when we will finish or even if we will finish. But I'm spending most of my personal time on this feature now, and we have a very good team of engineers implementing it. I can't think of anything that would stop us other than if we have to shift to something else even more important.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com