Delete Procedure Code

For users or potential users.
EfficientDental

Delete Procedure Code

Post by EfficientDental » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 am

Good Morning,

Is there a way to delete a procedure code from the procedure code list? I am having trouble with FMX code. When I enter the code in Tx Plan or Chart and enter it as 0210, the code is walked out as 0210 but does not include the D in front of it. I have to actually type D0210. With other office or even other procedure, I do not need to include the D when typing, I can just type the number.

As you can see when I go to create the claim it shows as 0210 and not D0210.

EfficientDental

Re: Delete Procedure Code

Post by EfficientDental » Wed May 01, 2024 11:05 am

Up, Really need help with this. Thank you

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Wed May 01, 2024 11:29 am

It sounds like you created a second code with "0210". From our Procedure Codes manual page:
Note: Once created, a code can't be changed or deleted. Instead move it to an obsolete category.
Moving it the an obsolete category will not prevent you from charting it, however, if you type in "0210" specifically.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat May 04, 2024 8:46 am

To prevent staff from using this old code, set its fee to $0 and also start using various entry methods that do not require typing codes. There are many better ways than typing a code. In the Appointment Edit window, you can click on the list of available procedures. In the Chart module, you have procedure buttons or single click buttons. When creating recalls, it pulls procedures from the recall types. There's just never a need to type in a code for a FMX.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

EfficientDental

Post by EfficientDental » Mon May 06, 2024 10:58 am

I will work with the staff on these other options. To prevent it being accidentally used, is there a way to remove that code? I have already changed fee to $0 but would like to remove it.

Thank you