Set Diff Color to Diff Provider

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
tomle

Set Diff Color to Diff Provider

Post by tomle » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:27 am

Hi,

Is there a way to set a specific color of text to a specific provider? eg. green text color is hyg, and red is for dentist.

Thanks.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Set Diff Color to Diff Provider

Post by jordansparks » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:08 am

You must mean in the progress notes of the Chart. No, not yet. It's feature request 104.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

tomle

Post by tomle » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:33 am

Hi Jordan,

Yes. What is the ETA? So I can tell my potential users. For work around, I asked my users to use commlog feature, since it has the creator name attach it.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:42 am

Sorry, there is never any ETA for any feature requests. Our priorities fluctuate constantly.

As for the workaround, procedure notes of one kind or another should be used for anything clinical. It's easy to type two initials before beginning a supplemental note that is to be added to an existing note. Colors are certainly not necessary for this. Commlog is only to be used for nonclinical notes, such as phone calls about the patient's bill or recall. Procedure notes have better archiving, so they are better legally.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

tomle

Post by tomle » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:58 am

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I think the users are trying to set the software same as how to write on their chart.