Error trying to print referral slip

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
mowgli

Error trying to print referral slip

Post by mowgli » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:02 am

Using 5.8.2, trying to print a referral slip to an Oki B4350n causes errors in Vista and XP. From Vista, using the PS driver gets "invalid data." With the PCL driver, message on printer display says, "Change paper to custom/plain; Tray 1 size mismatch." On XP, using the PCL driver just causes a spooler error (spoolsv.exe), along with an "unhandled exception" in OD. However, using Vista and a brand new color Oki C5650n, it prints. Seems to be a little bit older driver not being able to interpret the size of the document. Although the B4350 is not really that old of a printer. Printers have regular letter-size paper and are set for the same; is it necessary to set it differently?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Error trying to print referral slip

Post by jordansparks » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 am

Hmm. I guess we are setting papersize to whatever the sheet is. That does seem unnecessary. I don't have any way to test it since I don't get such a malfunction, but I can change the code to skip the size setting, and we'll see if it helps. We will continue to set the landscape flag to match the sheet. Thanks for letting us know.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

mowgli

Post by mowgli » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:19 am

Thanks, will watch for the commit and try it out.

mowgli

Post by mowgli » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:07 am

Yep, that fixed it.