Web Service Error

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
SpeedGP

Web Service Error

Post by SpeedGP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 am

Hi, I setup the Web Service on a 2008 x64 box, got IIS installed and everything setup, then when I go to connect to the application through open dental on a different PC it displays a html format message that is rather long, it looks like the entire configuration file.

When attempting to access the Default Site through IE on the 2008 machine it gives me an error: (Line 61 is Highlighted Red)

***************************************************************************************************************************

Server Error in '/OpenDentalServer' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CDT' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Source Error:

Line 59: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 60: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 61: <add assembly="*" />
Line 62: </assemblies>
Line 63: <buildProviders>

Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Config\web.config Line: 61

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CDT' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4961; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4955

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Any advice would be nice to have.

Thank you,

-James

SpeedGP

Re: Web Service Error

Post by SpeedGP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:39 am

Oh, the long list on the OpenDental program pretty much just says you cant view the above error remotely. That file it is displaying Line 61 from is C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\web.config

SpeedGP

Post by SpeedGP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:53 am

I've removed that line from web.config, now I am getting this error:

####################################################################

Server Error in '/OpenDentalServer' Application.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'OpenDentalServer.ServiceMain'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="ServiceMain.asmx.cs" Class="OpenDentalServer.ServiceMain" %>

Source File: /OpenDentalServer/ServiceMain.asmx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4961; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4955

###############################################################################################

Thanks in Advance

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:16 am

Let's see. Do you have a bin folder in your application folder?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

SpeedGP

Post by SpeedGP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 am

I do. c:\program files(86)\Open Dental\Bin

Installed Net 3.5

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:20 pm

What version of Open Dental?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

SpeedGP

Post by SpeedGP » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:39 pm

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Did you change the setting to allow 32 bit programs to run?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

SpeedGP

Post by SpeedGP » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 am

I looked all over when I was first setting up the site. I thought that since I couldn't find it, it was a newer version and it did it on its own. But yes, that fixed it!

Is there a possibility you could update the site and add this picture:

I appreciate your help Dr Sparks.

Thank you,

-James