Important notice to Anesthesia plugin customers

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
wjstarck

Important notice to Anesthesia plugin customers

Post by wjstarck » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Hello-

I have an important notice for Open Dental users that use the Electronic Anesthesia System (EASy) plugin for Open Dental.

Version 20.4.x of EASy is a MAJOR UPDATE, which includes a reworking of much of the underlying codebase to enhance stability and performance. Automatic import of vital signs is now available for vital sign monitors from Mindray (CPM series, Passport 8 series, Benevision N1 series) and Edan (IM70 series). Due to changes in the structure of the anesthesia MySQL database tables requried for this update, Big Idea Software staff will need to reconfigure your Ultraport Schema Engine and Listener(s) before the automatic import of vital sign data to the anesthetic record will function properly. Please contact support at helpdesk@bigideasoft.com when you are ready to update to OpenDental 20.4.x so we can schedule a time to update your software.

Release features:
  • *Support for Mindray vital sign monitors (CPM series, Passport 8 or higher, ePM 10M/12M, Benevision N1)
    *Support for Edan IM70 vital sign monitors
    *Preop anesthesia checklist (required in most states prior to delivery of anesthesia)
    *Code button added to Anesthetic Record. When clicked, this will display the start and end times for Code record keeping. It will also show and highlight emergency medications in red in the medication dropdown list
    *Resolves slowdown in loading of anesthetic record after many months use
    *Support for text Zoom in forms
    *Many other bug fixes and enhancements
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

tseto

Re: Important notice to Anesthesia plugin customers

Post by tseto » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Hi Bill,

I am planning to buy a monitor so I may use your software. Will your software be compatible with a Edan IM60?
Also, I am from Canada, from your standpoint, are there any configuration issues which may prevent your software being used on a Canadian OD setup?

Thanks,
Tim

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:28 am

Hello-

No issues with Canadian OD.

We are compatible with all of the Edan IM series and X series with one small caveat. If your Edan IM was manufactured in 2015 or earlier, the data output would not be compatible. You can call Rose at Sedation Resources (https://sedationresource.com/) and she will be able to tell you by checking the serial number of your monitor.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA

tseto

Post by tseto » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:05 pm

Hi Bill,

My IT personnel ("Mike") would like to reach out to you so we may install the trial version to test. I'll reach out to this blog as you may be monitoring it as well. We sent an email to your helpdesk email on Oct 15, 2021. Thanks

Tim

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:00 pm

Hi Tim-

PM me with your contact info.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
817-807-1709
TX, USA