"ShowNotesInAccount" Pref doesn't function

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
mowgli

"ShowNotesInAccount" Pref doesn't function

Post by mowgli » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:14 pm

The checkbox in Misc Setup to "Show item notes in main grid" doesn't seem to do anything. Searching thru code as recently as 5.8.2 and going back to at least 5.5, the only reference to that preference in ContrAccount.cs is remmed out. So the setting could either be removed or made functional. Below are "find" results:

Find all "ShowNotesInAccount", Whole word, Subfolders, Find Results 1, "Entire Solution"
D:\shared\ODsource\ODSource5.8\OpenDental\Forms\FormMisc.cs(1180): checkShowAccountNotes.Checked=PrefC.GetBool("ShowNotesInAccount");
D:\shared\ODsource\ODSource5.8\OpenDental\Forms\FormMisc.cs(1348): | Prefs.UpdateBool("ShowNotesInAccount", checkShowAccountNotes.Checked)
D:\shared\ODsource\ODSource5.8\OpenDental\Main Modules\ContrAccount.cs(1811): //checkShowNotes.Checked=PrefC.GetBool("ShowNotesInAccount");
D:\shared\ODsource\ODSource5.8\OpenDental\Misc\ClassConvertDatabase.cs(4841): command="INSERT INTO preference VALUES('ShowNotesInAccount','0')";
D:\shared\ODsource\ODSource5.8\OpenDental\Misc\ClassConvertDatabase.cs(5173): command="INSERT INTO preference VALUES('ShowNotesInAccount','0')";
Matching lines: 5 Matching files: 3 Total files searched: 2009

drtech

Re: "ShowNotesInAccount" Pref doesn't function

Post by drtech » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:19 pm

yes, I believe that way my addition long ago, but was unneeded when the account was remade. The "Show Extra Detail" check in the show tab in the account took it's place. I never returned it's function to that box.
Since it is already there, you could make that pref control the "Show Extra Detail" box in the account in case someone wants it to default to not showing (there is no way to control that right now as it is always checked). We would have to change the value to "1" from "0" in the data base on the next update so it wouldn't change anyone's function.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com