Reports - Providers

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
V Suite

Reports - Providers

Post by V Suite » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:26 am

Forgive me if this is by design:

If some providers are hidden (Lists, Providers) then the Reports (eg. Annual Report) will not include their production or payments.
Furthermore, Report, More Options will not show them in the list of providers.

While testing queries early this morning I noticed that the quarterly production figures for 2007 disagreed with the annual report figures. The problem, which I figured out after hours of comparing old databases, was that one dentist migrated last year, so the provider was hidden (Lists, Providers) and the Report did not account for hidden providers, whereas the Quarterly production query included all providers' procedures.

I believe Reports should still list all providers, or include a checkbox option to exclude/include hidden providers.

Workaround - unhide all the past providers. They are hidden only from the log in screen. This unfortunately means that their initials will show up in all drop down menus for providers in procedures, payments etc.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:16 am

This is currently an annoyance that is designated "by design". If you run the database maint tool, it should warn you about any hidden providers it finds with production attached to them. The warning message is quite specific.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

V Suite

Post by V Suite » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Ver 5.4.20 does not post any warning.