Appointment API issues

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
baoluan1

Appointment API issues

Post by baoluan1 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:53 pm

When I use the Appointment Slots API of offices not on "Clinic" I get results but when I use it on a "Clinics" db i get no results. It doesnt error it just shows me no results. I have tried adding a ClinicNum to the url just incase but that doesnt change anything. Is this API fuction not usable to GET from a "Clinics" db API?

SLeon

Re: Appointment API issues

Post by SLeon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:53 pm

Appointments GET Slots can be used for dental offices with or without clinics. What does your API request look like?

It is important to note that if not specifying a ProvNum in the request, the method searches using the Practice Default Provider. We recommend users provide both the ProvNum and the OpNum when using Appointments GET Slots. More details are here can be found in our API Documentation - Appointments.

baoluan1

Post by baoluan1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:23 pm

That was very helpful, thank you. My issue was i wasnt giving a ProvNum and heaven knows what the default is set to. Once I specified a ProvNum it worked. Is the ability to also specify ClinicNum something that may be coming in the future?

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:40 pm

Sure, we can look into adding a ClinicNum parameter. However, this method already supports specifying the operatory that the provider is assigned to. Most dental offices do not have a single provider assigned to all operatories in a clinic.

baoluan1

Post by baoluan1 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:51 pm

So the goal is to identify all XX minute slots open in the near future for a clinic regardless of Pov or Op for new patient appointments. It save a little time for the front desk but can also be a metric for identifying when prov staffing might need to be increased, based on how far out the next available would be.

Being able to pull this exact output but filtered ONLY on ClinicNum and slot duration would be perfect.

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:41 pm

If you goal is to find general opening for staffing purposes, you may also find Query #1241 from our Query Examples page useful.

You can use the Queries resource in the API to run this.

baoluan1

Post by baoluan1 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:50 am

Ill check that out.. Thank you.