GET Recall

For requests or help with our API
Post Reply
PBECKER
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:54 pm

GET Recall

Post by PBECKER » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:11 pm

Hello API Team


Request: update Recalls GET List method https://www.opendental.com/site/apirecalls.html

Question 1 or end Date, how can we do current date + x number of days? If this isn't possible can this type of functionality be added for DateEnd?
DateEnd: Due date range. String in "yyyy-mm-dd" format. Default is based on RecallDaysFuture preference.

Question 2 Can Patient Status please be added? Example status of patient would return active patients only
PatientStatus and or both Patient and Inactive

Thank you API Team

justine
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:59 am

Re: GET Recall

Post by justine » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:46 am

PBECKER wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:11 pm
Hello API Team


Request: update Recalls GET List method https://www.opendental.com/site/apirecalls.html

Question 1 or end Date, how can we do current date + x number of days? If this isn't possible can this type of functionality be added for DateEnd?
DateEnd: Due date range. String in "yyyy-mm-dd" format. Default is based on RecallDaysFuture preference.

Question 2 Can Patient Status please be added? Example status of patient would return active patients only
PatientStatus and or both Patient and Inactive

Thank you API Team
Good morning PBECKER,

Question 1: If you want current date + x number of days, you'd just calculate those dates and supply them as DateStart and DateEnd parameters.

Question 2: Recalls List will only return patients with a PatientStatus of Active. If a patient has any other status, they will not be present in GET Recalls List. This mimics Open Dental functionality.

PBECKER
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: GET Recall

Post by PBECKER » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:00 am

Justine

I need a favor you may need to ask Jordan but we're ready to utilize the below get but the limit of 100 is an issue for us as we really need all results without having to use pagination or the localhost options. Is there anyway to get the rows returned to be at the minimum of 2000 rows. This has been a barrier for us.

justine
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:59 am

Re: GET Recall

Post by justine » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:23 am

PBECKER wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:00 am
Justine

I need a favor you may need to ask Jordan but we're ready to utilize the below get but the limit of 100 is an issue for us as we really need all results without having to use pagination or the localhost options. Is there anyway to get the rows returned to be at the minimum of 2000 rows. This has been a barrier for us.
PBECKER,

Offset pagination is implemented to help keep network traffic in check. I will bring this issue up for you in our next API meeting.

What specific resources are you needing 2000+ row from?

Thanks!

PBECKER
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: GET Recall

Post by PBECKER » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:31 am

example if we perform a Get Recall we would like all results returned and not just 100 or having to use any other methods.

justine
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:59 am

Re: GET Recall

Post by justine » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:58 am

PBECKER wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:31 am
example if we perform a Get Recall we would like all results returned and not just 100 or having to use any other methods.
PBECKER,

I understand. In the meantime, you can use Local or Service mode to get up to 1000 items at a time.

Post Reply