API Keys Tier 2 and Tier 3

For requests or help with our API
PBECKER

API Keys Tier 2 and Tier 3

Post by PBECKER » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:21 am

Jordan

Need you help on this one.

Overview: We have many practices on Tier 2 key but we need an efficient way to upgrade the key to Tier 3 without having the change the actual key itself. As we don't have access to many of the practices and it would cause alot of hovoc

Question/Request: How can we upgrade a Tier 2 API key to Tier 3 without changing the actual key iteself?

Suggestion: I was thinking within the tier 2 site maybe an option can be added to upgrade Tier of key.

Thank you so Jordan and Open Dental Team

-Pedro

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: API Keys Tier 2 and Tier 3

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:32 am

Let me clarify. Do you currently have two separate developer keys? It sounds like this would be the first step, so that each "developer" had different permissions. Then, we need to add a tool to the developer portal to let you move a customer key from one of your developers to the other. Does that sound about right?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

PBECKER

Post by PBECKER » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:38 am

Jordan

When FHIR was made public we worked with Brian Miller and they provided us with two differenet username, one for Tier 2 and one for Tier 3.

We're trying to figure out how can we have just a single user id that allows us to upgrade or vice versa down grade the tier of the key tier 1-tier 4

It would be great if we were able to user 1 single username > select any key and then set the Tier of the key. Let me know if this makes sense. See attached.

Your idea of moving a key from a tier 1 username to a tier 2 or 3 user name and keeping the same is also a viable solution.

Thank you Jordan
Attachments
assign tier to key.jpg
assign tier to key.jpg (79.42 KiB) Viewed 3485 times

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:08 pm

Since our permissions are all at the developer level, I think we're going to be stuck with moving a customer key from one developer to another. Permissions at the customer level would be a massive change. It's possible, of course, but just not sure if it makes the most sense. I think I would rather move in the direction of better support in the future for moving a customer from one developer to another. There are a number of things we could do to make this better over time, but I think that's the best long-term goal. For example, we could eventually show multiple "developers" under a single login. We could even rename "developer" to be something more like "permission set". Anyway, I get the idea now, and we know what to do next.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

PBECKER

Post by PBECKER » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Thank you Jordan Greatly appreciated.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:54 pm

Until we get that done, we would be happy to move one customer at a time for you manually. Contact us by email for that.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

PBECKER

Post by PBECKER » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:01 pm

perfect, we'll make sure to send you a PM once we need to move over a key to the Tier 3.

We're shooting for later this week or the latest early next week