API Request: Version Number of Open Dental

For requests or help with our API
joergzastrau

API Request: Version Number of Open Dental

Post by joergzastrau » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:10 am

Hi,

my request it twofold.

Situation: We're setting up a new office for a single provider. There are already 3 on-site computers (frontdesk/x-ray and server/3d-scanning), one off-site computer for backup verification and two portable laptops in place - in total 6 computers and counting. Number 7 would soon be in the doctors office if we cannot avoid it :shock: and number 8 could be a separate server. I am currently customizing the OD setup using the latest stable release (21.4 at the time of writing). I would like to able to test the newest beta using a secondary OD installation or the public Dentist Office API setup. However, it seems that the current public Dentist Office is running an earlier version of OD (e.g. 21.3).

Questions:

- Is it possible to run a 2nd server for testing purpose (production on 21.4, testing on 22.1) on the same computer if on support? This is to avoid to purchase another license and/or to run another computer for testing purpose that could possibly the number 9 computer for a single provider. Is it possible at all to run two different versions of OD for a single provider office?
- Is there an API to provide the version number of the server I am currently talking to (here: public OD Dentist Office server)? If not, can we have such an API?

Joerg

SLeon

Re: API Request: Version Number of Open Dental

Post by SLeon » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:33 am

1. We will update the demo dental office to version 22.1.16 today. This will allow you to test 22.1 separately from your existing 21.4 dental office.

2. The program version of the server is stored as a preference in the database. You can retrieve this but using Queries PUT ShortQuery with an SqlCommand of "SELECT * FROM preference WHERE prefname='ProgramVersion'".