How can I connect Local API with trial version of open dental

For requests or help with our API
Roonyx

How can I connect Local API with trial version of open dental

Post by Roonyx » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:43 am

I used the trial version of open dental & want to fetch data using Local API, I just want to confirm can I use Local API with the trial version,
I follow this doc https://www.opendental.com/site/apilocal.html , where It says when you open Opendental on the workstation It will open Local API end points. But It will not work for me

Question - Can I use Local API with trial version of Open Dental?

Question - For Local API we need any specific version?

justine

Re: How can I connect Local API with trial version of open dental

Post by justine » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:07 am

Roonyx wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:43 am
I used the trial version of open dental & want to fetch data using Local API, I just want to confirm can I use Local API with the trial version,
I follow this doc https://www.opendental.com/site/apilocal.html , where It says when you open Opendental on the workstation It will open Local API end points. But It will not work for me

Question - Can I use Local API with trial version of Open Dental?

Question - For Local API we need any specific version?
Good morning Roonyx,

The current trial version of Open Dental is version 21.4.46. Local API support was implemented in version 22.1. Local API utilizes eServices to verify permissions. Since the trial version of Open Dental does not support eServices, it is not possible to demo Local API functionality at this time.

In the meantime, I recommend developing with the remote API and demo keys. This will allow you to develop utilizing the most current API resources.

Roonyx

Post by Roonyx » Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:29 am

Okay, Thanks for your valuable answer Justine, If I can purchase new open dental software so It will work for me?
And Also can you please tell me how I can achieve
recommend developing with the remote API and demo keys. This will allow you to develop utilizing the most current API resources.
this things on local machine and fetch data from open dental.

justine

Post by justine » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:48 am

Roonyx wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:29 am
Okay, Thanks for your valuable answer Justine, If I can purchase new open dental software so It will work for me?
And Also can you please tell me how I can achieve
recommend developing with the remote API and demo keys. This will allow you to develop utilizing the most current API resources.
this things on local machine and fetch data from open dental.
Hello Roonyx,

The Open Dental API can be used by any REST client. If a program can make a RESTful web call, it can utilize our API.

To get started using the API, please see our setup documentation:
https://www.opendental.com/site/apisetup.html