procCode in procedurelogs

For requests or help with our API
saravanan

procCode in procedurelogs

Post by saravanan » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:57 pm

Hello,

I am using API to get the procedure logs for a patient with OpenDental version "21.3.42.0" - I get the result, but in which "procCode" field is missing. Is this a location specific issue or OpenDental version specific issue?

The same "procCode" fields is received when used with another location which has OpenDental version as "22.1.49.0".

Also is it possible to add a filter option for "GET /procedurelogs" to pass the appointment number as query parameter, to filter only the procedures for a specific appointment?

SLeon

Re: procCode in procedurelogs

Post by SLeon » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:22 am

Good morning,

Yes, the procCode field was added to the Procedurelogs GET results in version 21.4.7. This is why your dental office on version 22.1.49 returns this result and the 21.3.42 dental office does not.

We can absolutely add a parameter for this method to filter by AptNum. I have added this to our development list.

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:43 am

The ProcedureLogs GET method now accepts the AptNum parameter. It can be used alone or alongside our other search filters for this method (PatNum and DateTStamp).

This feature is available in version 22.3.32. See https://www.opendental.com/site/apiprocedurelogs.html for more information.

omar22

Post by omar22 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:45 am

Hi, when I try to GET all the procedurecodes, I only get about 100 of them. Is there any way to retrieve all the procedurecodes using the GET function?

thanks

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:02 am

Good morning,

Yes, there is a way you can get more than just the first 100 results. The Open Dental API utilizes paging, so you will need to use the Offset parameter to page through the ProcedureCode table. See the Pagination section in our documentation for more information.

omar22

Post by omar22 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:46 am

The only issue with that is I am trying to create a dropdown on my platform to be able to select procCodes directly to add benefits, and I can't use pagination for that. Same thing with my patient list; I want to create a query to have all patients on my Saas platform where the clinic can search for whichever patient they want, but I am unable to due to the limit of 100 results. Is there another way to load the entire procCode list and patient list, aside from pagination?
Thank you so much for your responsiveness and help!

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:14 am

Good morning Omar,

Many of the tables in the Open Dental schema are oft-read yet infrequently changed. Both the patient and procedurecode tables fall into this category. Most developers will grab this information, cache it, and then only query the API to keep it up to date.

For the patients table, you will want to use our Patients GET Simple method. Every call to this method returns patient data, but also the exact date and time of the server the dental office's database is on. You can interpret this information as, "The dataset I am looking at is accurate as of this datetime". To keep your cache of this data up to date, you will call Patients GET Simple again, but using the previous serverDateTime value in its DateTStamp parameter. Effectively you are asking, "Which patients have changed since the last time I checked?". The returned entries are either new or edited patients, and you can update your application's cache accordingly.

An alternative to periodically calling Patients GET Simple (polling) is to subscribe to the patient table for ApiEvents. Open Dental database events are webhooks that are sent to your site whenever a change occurs. More information can be found on this workflow at API Guide - Subscriptions & Events.

Our ProcedureCodes GET method does not yet contain a DateTStamp parameter, but it is on our development list. We can also add ApiEvent support for ProcedureCodes, if you would prefer to use that workflow.

omar22

Post by omar22 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:31 am

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for explaining!!

JTS

Post by JTS » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:14 pm

The ProcedureCodes GET method now accepts the DateTStamp parameter. It can be used to filter results to only include ProcedureCodes altered after a specified date and time.

This feature is available as of beta version 22.4.28. For more information, see https://www.opendental.com/site/apiprocedurecodes.html