Benefits API req

For requests or help with our API
omar22

Benefits API req

Post by omar22 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:58 pm

Hi,

I would like to request an option to PUT into Benefits table.

Thank you!

justine

Re: Benefits API req

Post by justine » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:49 pm

omar22 wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:58 pm
Hi,

I would like to request an option to PUT into Benefits table.

Thank you!
Hello Omar22,

We will add PUT Benefits to our development list. What specifically are you interested in updating?

Thank you.

omar22

Post by omar22 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:10 pm

@justine thank you so much for getting back!

I would like to update benefit information that is automatically populated when dental clinic creates a new plan. Usually the coverage percent for diagnostic, xray, preventative, restorative, endo, oral surg, crowns, prosth, perio is set automatically when dental office creates new plan, and the deductible for diagnostic and preventative is set to 0. We'd like the option to update this pre-existing data with the PUT option, and just in general, in case the dental office inputted data previously that we would need to overwrite with newer updated insurance information. I appreciate your promptness on this.

Thank you so much!!

omar22

Post by omar22 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:16 am

@justine, I guess another potentially easier way to achieve this would be a DELETE function to clear all pre-existing or automatically loaded benefits for a specific PlanNum. Is this possible?

Having both the DELETE and PUT functions would be ideal; would that be possible? And if you don't mind me asking - what would the timeline be to have those functionalities addded?

Thank you so much in advance

justine

Post by justine » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:08 am

Good morning omar22,

We can add Benefits DELETE along with Benefits PUT. Requests are completed in the order that they come in. There are a few ahead of you so I'd estimate 4 weeks time.

We will update this post when completed.

Thank you!

justine

omar22

Post by omar22 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:17 am

Justine,

I can't express my gratitude enough. Thank you so much!

Respectfully,
Omar

omar22

Post by omar22 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:45 am

Hi Justine - hope you are doing well.

I have a quick question regarding fluoride and sealant age limit. How do I update these using the Benefit API? They don't appear to be part of any category.

Thanks!

justine

Post by justine » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:09 pm

omar22 wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:45 am

I have a quick question regarding fluoride and sealant age limit. How do I update these using the Benefit API? They don't appear to be part of any category.

Thanks!
Hello Omar,

Flouride or sealant age limit is stored in the Benefits Quantity field with a QuantityQualifier of "AgeLimit". A Benefits POST would look something like this:

Code: Select all

{
    "PlanNum": 7,
    "CoverageLevel": "None",
    "BenefitType": "Limitations",
    "QuantityQualifier": "AgeLimit",
    "Quantity": 15,
    "TimePeriod": "None",
    "procCode": "D1208"
}

Where the procCode is the procedure code for fluoride or sealant, the PlanNum is the insurance plan, and the Quantity corresponds to the "Fluoride Through Age" or "Sealants Through Age" text boxes found in the Edit Benefits form. (Age)

To get the procCode for fluoride or sealant, see ProcedureCodes.

Thanks!

omar22

Post by omar22 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:15 am

That makes sense, thank you so much!

JTS

Post by JTS » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:26 pm

Two new methods, Benefits PUT and Benefits DELETE, have been implemented. Benefits PUT will allow you to modify an existing Benefit, and supports changing the following fields: CovCatNum, BenefitType, Percent, MonetaryAmt, TimePeriod, QuantityQualifier, Quantity, CodeNum, and CoverageLevel. Benefits DELETE will allow you to delete an existing Benefit.
These methods are available in our beta version, 22.4.7. For more information, please see: https://www.opendental.com/site/apibenefits.html

omar22

Post by omar22 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:03 am

Awesome, thank you guys so much for everything you do!

omar22

Post by omar22 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:17 am

Hi I have a couple quick questions/requests.

1. For the DELETE function for benefits, I was looking to delete all pre-existing benefits under a PlanNum. The documentation currently only allows the DELETE function for BenefitNum. Can we allow deleting by PlanNum please?
2. For procedurelogs, we request to be able to add ExistingOther (EO) to ProcStatus. Currently the API only allows Treatment Planned (TP) or Complete (C). Also - since we are using the demo version, our procedure codes are not the standard dental "D codes", and we are getting an error every time we try testing the ProcedureLogs API. Is there a way around this?

Thank you!

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:21 am

Good morning,

1. Benefits cannot be deleted by plan within the Open Dental program. The API follows this example.

2a. Yes we can add EO as a status in our ProcedureLogs POST/PUT methods. I have added this to our development list.

2b. Which ProcedureLogs methods are you using and what error message are you seeing? I was just able to successfully call ProcedureLogs GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE with a database only using T-Codes.

omar22

Post by omar22 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:03 pm

justine wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:09 pm
omar22 wrote:

Thanks!
Hello Omar,

Flouride or sealant age limit is stored in the Benefits Quantity field with a QuantityQualifier of "AgeLimit". A Benefits POST would look something like this:

{
}

Where the procCode is the procedure code for fluoride or sealant, the PlanNum is the insurance plan, and the Quantity corresponds to the "Fluoride Through Age" or "Sealants Through Age" text boxes found in the Edit Benefits form. (Age)

Thanks!
Justine, for the fluoride and sealants, when I use the codes for them for age limit, it only gets uploaded under the list of benefits. I was wondering if there was a way to incorporate the age limit for fluoride and sealants into the UI where it says "Fluoride Age Limit" and "Sealants Age Limit" in the simplified view.

Thank you

justine

Post by justine » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:33 am

omar22 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:03 pm
justine wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:09 pm
omar22 wrote:

Thanks!
Hello Omar,

{
}

Thanks!
Justine, for the fluoride and sealants, when I use the codes for them for age limit, it only gets uploaded under the list of benefits. I was wondering if there was a way to incorporate the age limit for fluoride and sealants into the UI where it says "Fluoride Age Limit" and "Sealants Age Limit" in the simplified view.

Thank you
Hello Omar22,

When you mention 'Fluoride age limit', do you mean the field that is displayed in the insurance section of the Family Module? This field is populated based on procCode. These codes are stored in the preference table. Use preferences GET to verify procCodes.

GET /preferences?PrefName=InsBenFlourideCodes
GET /preferences?PrefName=InsBenSealantCodes
If you're talking about the simplified view of the Edit Benefits form, then the 'Fluoride Through Age' will be populated when using the above fluoride POST example. Specifically, it is the Quantity field that correlates to age.

omar22

Post by omar22 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:52 pm

Yes, the 'through age' field is what I was referring to. Okay cool, so I will try with that POST method. It wasn't working with the demo version though so hopefully it'll work with the full version.

Thank you so much Justine

justine

Post by justine » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:10 am

omar22 wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:52 pm
Yes, the 'through age' field is what I was referring to. Okay cool, so I will try with that POST method. It wasn't working with the demo version though so hopefully it'll work with the full version.

Thank you so much Justine
The trial version of Open Dental is not intended for API testing, we have a public demo specifically for this.

Please check out the Getting Started guide.

omar22

Post by omar22 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:49 am

SLeon wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:21 am
Good morning,

1. Benefits cannot be deleted by plan within the Open Dental program. The API follows this example.

2a. Yes we can add EO as a status in our ProcedureLogs POST/PUT methods. I have added this to our development list.

2b. Which ProcedureLogs methods are you using and what error message are you seeing? I was just able to successfully call ProcedureLogs GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE with a database only using T-Codes.
Hi I am sorry to bother you again, just wanted to follow up on the EO status for ProcedureLogs POST/PUT.

Thank you!!

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:12 am

Good morning,

This feature request is in the final stages of development and nearly finished. I will update this thread soon.

DerekR

Post by DerekR » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:37 am

We have completed this feature request. ProcedureLogs PUT/POST will now allow the ProcStatus to be set as EO (Existing Other Provider). This feature is available in version 22.4.25.

For more information, see https://www.opendental.com/site/apiprocedurelogs.html.