POST DiscountPlanSub defect

For requests or help with our API
rinse-dental

POST DiscountPlanSub defect

Post by rinse-dental » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:44 pm

If posting a discount plan via the API, the Open Dental client does not appear to incorporate the discounts when calculating apt estimates/totals. More specifically, the procedurelog table does not update the DiscountPlanAmt field.

EDIT: This appears to be an issue when you do not set the optional DateEffective and/or DateTerm fields. If both are set, discounts take affect.

EDIT 2: It appears that even with the DateEffective and DateTerm fields included in the POST, the DB will not update the procedurelog table unless the patient is accessed via the Tx Plan module in the Open Dental client. I suspect the intent is to trigger this update with a POST/PUT/DELETE of discountplansub?

Is anyone aware of another API that would trigger the DB to update? Perhaps I can hack a solution with a quick post/delete of a procedure?

justine

Re: POST DiscountPlanSub defect

Post by justine » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:05 am

rinse-dental wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:44 pm
If posting a discount plan via the API, the Open Dental client does not appear to incorporate the discounts when calculating apt estimates/totals. More specifically, the procedurelog table does not update the DiscountPlanAmt field.

EDIT: This appears to be an issue when you do not set the optional DateEffective and/or DateTerm fields. If both are set, discounts take affect.

EDIT 2: It appears that even with the DateEffective and DateTerm fields included in the POST, the DB will not update the procedurelog table unless the patient is accessed via the Tx Plan module in the Open Dental client. I suspect the intent is to trigger this update with a POST/PUT/DELETE of discountplansub?

Is anyone aware of another API that would trigger the DB to update? Perhaps I can hack a solution with a quick post/delete of a procedure?
Good morning rinse-dental,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We are actively looking into this for you.

rinse-dental

Post by rinse-dental » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:36 pm

Thanks!

justine

Post by justine » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:12 pm

rinse-dental wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:36 pm
Thanks!
Hello rinse-dental,

We addressed an issue where procedurelog.DiscountPlanAmt may not have been updated when a discountplansub POST/PUT had been called. This fix is available in version 23.1.53 and newer.

Thanks!

rinse-dental

Post by rinse-dental » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:00 pm

woohoo!