Generating keys via API

For requests or help with our API
saskia

Generating keys via API

Post by saskia » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:57 am

Let me know if I'm overlooking this somewhere, but I would love to be able to generate new keys via the API so I can simplify the process of onboarding my clients.

justine

Re: Generating keys via API

Post by justine » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:49 pm

saskia wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:57 am
Let me know if I'm overlooking this somewhere, but I would love to be able to generate new keys via the API so I can simplify the process of onboarding my clients.
Good afternoon saskia,

The Developer Portal is secure, requiring a username and password. We would have to add this entirely new layer of validation to the current API model. The portal also requires active human interaction to log in and click to add a new API key. An automated way to do this would open the opportunity to (accidentally) call the key generation in a loop, flooding the developer with keys that can never be deleted.

While we may make changes to this process in the future, for now, API Customer Keys will continue to be made through the Developer Portal website. However, there is nothing in the Developer Portal that is preventing you from generating several unassigned Customer Keys. Keys that are generated, but unassigned, are not charged until they are entered into the practice's Open Dental installation.

Thanks!

saskia

Re: Generating keys via API

Post by saskia » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:18 pm

Thanks, good to know that unassigned keys are not charged! I might be able to work with something there.