DownloadSftp not working via API / Can't view API logs

For requests or help with our API
ahmed-cuvris

DownloadSftp not working via API / Can't view API logs

Post by ahmed-cuvris » Fri May 03, 2024 5:15 am

Hi,

I have been testing API connections with our developer Opendental instance but unfortunately, I cannot get the "Documents POST DownloadSftp" to work as expected. The request is successful but no files get uploaded to the SFTP server.

I have looked at our sandbox instance and do not see the API logs file or any API events in the audit screen.

Things I have checked:
1. The SFTP credentials are correct - I have used other SFTP clients to make file uploads with the same credentials and they work fine.
2. I have checked C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Dental\OpenDentalAPIService to find the log file for the API, but nothing there.

How do I figure out what's wrong and what steps have I missed to enable the SFTP download work? All other endpoints we have used work fine.

justine

Re: DownloadSftp not working via API / Can't view API logs

Post by justine » Fri May 03, 2024 3:34 pm

ahmed-cuvris wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:15 am
Hi,

I have been testing API connections with our developer Opendental instance but unfortunately, I cannot get the "Documents POST DownloadSftp" to work as expected. The request is successful but no files get uploaded to the SFTP server.

I have looked at our sandbox instance and do not see the API logs file or any API events in the audit screen.

Things I have checked:
1. The SFTP credentials are correct - I have used other SFTP clients to make file uploads with the same credentials and they work fine.
2. I have checked C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Dental\OpenDentalAPIService to find the log file for the API, but nothing there.

How do I figure out what's wrong and what steps have I missed to enable the SFTP download work? All other endpoints we have used work fine.
Good afternoon ahmed-cuvris,

When you say 'The request was successful but no files get uploaded to the SFTP server.' what is the return status code and response you're seeing?

Please review Documents POST DownloadSftp documentation and verify you have supplied a valid DocNum or MountNum, SftpAddress, SftpUsername, and SftpPassword.

Thanks!